The Info You Need on the Best Roof Rails & Racks for 2021
Are you in need of some extra storage for those upcoming summer road trips? Maybe you need a solution for the new gear that comes with that summertime hobby! If so, roof rails and racks should be on your shopping list! Read on for some basics you need to know about the best products to shop for.
What you need to know about Rails & Racks
Roof Rails are mounted to your vehicle in a north to south position and come standard on many vehicle types. Your rails may be flush or elevated off the vehicle.
Roof Racks are defined as the crossbars attached to the rails in a side-to-side orientation.
There are a couple of things to consider when you're in the market for a roof rack.
- Does your vehicle come with a roof rail installed? If your vehicle comes with a rail, this makes it very easy to install a rack.
- Is there a factory roof rail or rack made for your vehicle? The factory is usually best when it comes to choosing parts for your vehicle. A highly-paid team of car designers sat down and considered only your vehicle and what would be the most ideal solutions. You may need a specific feature that draws you elsewhere, but you definitely don't want to count it out before you check it out!
Top 5 Roof Racks and Rails of 2021
- Rhino-Rack 2500. Rhino-Rack makes a wide variety of specialty Racks specifically for your auto. This makes for a safer install that will have less unforeseen damage to your vehicle. They also help you consider the maximum load that your vehicle should carry. This way you don’t purchase a standard weight capacity that may not be best for your ride.
- Thule Roof Rack. Much like Rhino-Rack, Thule also builds with your auto in mind. They boast user-friendly installs, extreme safety testing, and high-quality products.
- Vault Cargo Management Roof Rack Crossbars. The Vault crossbars are an affordable solution if you already have raised rails. These universal rails offer 150-pound load capacity and fit rails up to 47” apart.
- Sportrack complete Roof Rack. A Sportrack complete system is a great option if you do NOT have rails on your vehicle and are looking for an affordable, user-friendly solution. Offering 130-pound weight capacity, these crossbars are an easy NO-DRILL install and have accessories to meet your specific carry needs.
- Apex Roof Cross Bars. The Apex side rail cross bars mount to any car, SUV, or crossover with rails up to 50” apart. They are lightweight with a 150lb capacity. Another affordable, highly rated, no-drill option!
Summer is finally here and we are as excited as you are! Before you head out on all your summertime adventures don't forget to stop by North Hills Auto to make sure your ride is in tip-top shape!
Call North Hills Auto at Augusta St (864) 233-9002 or Butler Rd (864) 234-1002.