How To Thrive While Practicing Social Distancing
No matter where you are in the country or the world, you are no doubt affected by the new Coronavirus virus in some way. These can be scary times. However, we firmly believe that arming yourself with accurate information and practical steps to ensure public and personal safety are the best tools you can have in this time of crisis.
Practice Good Hygiene
The CDC’s recommendations for personal safety are:
- Wash your hands frequently
- Do not touch your face
- Stay home if you are sick
- Practice social distancing
- Wear a face mask if you are sick and MUST go out
- Do not wear a face mask if you are healthy
Current CDC recommendations are posted here.
Clean And Disinfect Your Vehicle
We can't quarantine our vehicles, but we CAN make our autos an extension of our safe home space. Here are a few tips.
- Get rid of the clutter
- Wipe down surfaces with anti-bacterial wipes
- Keep sanitizer and anti-bacterial spray in your car
- Keep supplies on hand that would help you avoid going into stores unnecessarily.
When you do go out, add a few steps into your routine.
- Wash or Sanitize your hands after entering a building.
- Wash or Sanitize your hands after exiting a building.
- Wipe down your steering wheel, shift lever, door handles, and any other "high touch" points in your vehicle frequently.
Support Your Local Businesses
Many restaurants are open for drive-thru and carry out orders. Most grocery stores are keeping their doors open for special hours. All the local businesses that have been able to remain open need your support now more than ever. If you have a store, shop, or restaurant that you love, here are some ways you can support their business at this time. If you’re in the Greenville area, you can start here.
- Take advantage of drive-thru, carry-out, and app ordering.
- Consider buying a gift card for their services for a later date.
- Shop their online inventory.
- Tip well, or donate a small portion of the cost you would have paid receiving their services.
- Give your local businesses good reviews online.
Generally speaking, stockpiling necessary amenities for a crisis is wise. That being said, the time for these preparations is before a crisis breaks out. Now that we are amid the Coronavirus pandemic, the best practice is to buy what you need to keep a 3-week stock. This allows you to have what you need should you find yourself in quarantine due to illness. Sending a single family member to the grocery store once a week to keep this stock is the safest bet. This practice will allow enough items in nearby stores for the rest of our community, as well as keep our essential shops in business and our local workers paid.
Arm Yourself With Accurate Information
- If the News is causing you some anxiety, limit your exposure. You can access your local case numbers each day through the CDC’s website. Many local health departments are posting their case numbers daily as well. This resource allows you to have an accurate picture of Coronavirus's impact on your community without all the extra "fluff" information. The goal here is to be informed, but not panicked.
- Check your state case numbers here.
In these uncertain times, We here at North Hills Auto wish you, your families, and your businesses the very best. We’ve been a part of the Greenville, SC community for over 30years, and we’re here to do anything we can to help. We’re all in this together.
Update: New Service Offering
As an added layer of safety and convenience, North Hills Auto is now offering Door-to-Door Services – we will pick up and drop off your vehicle for you.