Don’t Leave Your Vehicle Off Of Your Spring Cleaning Checklist...
It’s time for Spring Cleaning! While you're getting your home and yard ready for this beautiful weather, don't forget to show your vehicle a little TLC! Springtime Maintenance makes a big difference when it comes to the longevity of your investment. After all, our Automobiles take the brunt of that harsh winter wear, and since many of us spend the lion’s share of our time in our cars, it's worth the effort to make those commutes an enjoyable experience.
- Clear out the winter clutter! Say goodbye to all those extra coats, sweaters, gloves, and scarves.
- Vacuum the seats and floors! We track in more debris in the wintertime that can be hard on our carpets.
- Wipe down the seats, doors, and dash! If you feel like a shopping trip, there are all kinds of cool products on the market to make your vehicle look and smell amazing!
- Show a little love to those middle sections! Those mid-storage areas can collect a lot of grime; a few Q-tips will make reaching those tiny corners a breeze.
- Clean the windows! Visibility is key to safe driving, but it also enhances those beautiful Springtime views that you don't want to miss.
- Grab an air freshener that makes your car happy!
- Give it a Wash and Wax! If you're looking for an excuse to enjoy a beautiful day, (and maybe a light workout), then Wash, Polish, and Hand Wax it at home. If you're tight on time then taking it through the car wash will make all the difference. You can splurge on a Wash, Wax, Window, and Tire option!
- Get some new windshield wipers to prepare your auto for those rainy morning drives.
Engine and Suspension TIps
- Check The Tires – It's always a good idea to check the air pressure in your tires. Look over the tread as well to see if the winter has given them some extra wear. To gauge tread depth, all you need is a quarter. Put George Washington’s head into one of the big grooves. If the top of his head is flush with the tread, you have about 4/32 inch of tread left, meaning you have grip remaining for those rainy conditions. That’s the time when you should start shopping for new tires. If you can see space above Washington’s head, you may need to replace your tires immediately.
- Check Under the Hood – Do a thorough check under your hood to make sure your car's engine made it through the winter without problems. Specifically, check belts and hoses to ensure the cold temperatures haven't rendered them brittle or heavily worn.
- Check the Coolant – Check your coolant to make sure it's not too old -- an essential factor for avoiding overheating as temperatures gradually climb.
Go ahead and breathe in that fresh spring air and enjoy those afternoon drives. Your Auto and all its passengers will be thanking you for your efforts!
While you’re at it, why not let our team of Pros give your AC System a spring going over as well!